Immortal City

Immortal City - Scott Speer Immortal City is a good book to start with, for someone who doesn't normally read books about angels. It's interesting and cleverly written, fast-paced, and will keep you turning the pages. I personally enjoyed, the serial angel killer and the mystery that wrapped itself around the story in general. It made for quite an entertaining read that definitely had me captivated and curious to find out more. This book is a great start to a wonderful series that I'm sure will get better with each book. The chemistry that Maddy and Jackson share was definitely a highight for me, while reading this book. I really enjoyed the cat and mouse chase, the more Jackson wanted to be with her the more she gave him chase. But, by the end of the book, she does come around a bit and you can see that they are pretty much meant to be. Sometimes something as simple as what these two discovered, can be a good thing. Normally I enjoy the complexity of relationships such as these, but every once in a while it's refreshing to see the simpler side of things play out. And, as with any book, there were a couple of con's for me, just a couple of things that sort of mildly frustrated with me. For instance, in some parts, the book does end up feeling a bit choppy because the point of view switches without giving you any indication that it's going to happen. I found that to be mildly frustrating, personally. It would have been nice to have seen a little more character development or interaction between them, than what we was given. For instance, it would have been nice to have seen Maddy be a little bit more secure in who she was, rather than coming off as shy and insecure as she did. Over-all, I feel as if Speer was able to accomplish telling the story that he wanted to, and I wouldn't mind reading more about the world of angel's that he's created. I found them to be a bit creative and interesting. The mystery of the killer was certainly illusive and quite compelling as well and I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a well written mystery.